Tuesday, October 20, 2009

s is for short storys

I love short stories, short stories about dogs, short stories about Adam Sandler, short stories about anything. Here is one of my favorite short stories, about me getting amnesia.

“Where am I”? I thought as I rubbed my eyes awake in a strange room. I turned my head to examine the room, still half asleep. “Is this my house?" I said in a puzzled voice. My eyes popped open. “Who am I?" I said with great confusion. I stepped out of my bed still puzzled by the surroundings. I put on a pair of shoes hopping they were mine. I walked downtown and then I hard someone shout “ Ethan!”!. I kept walking. Suddenly someone grabbed me by the shoulder. “Ethan ,what’s up?” A man said, “Who’s Ethan?""Who are you?” I said. The man looked puzzled “ What ,are you okay?” the man asked “I think so “I answered not knowing who the man was or what he was talking about. “Do I know you?” I said “Ya I’m Matt” he said looking confused

“Do you remember anything?” He said “No” I said, “ I don’t” I said." You need help " he said "No I don’t." I said. Then it started to hit me. The next day I woke up in the hospital, my family and friends around me "What am I doing here?" I asked "You had amnesia and then got hit on the head so I guess you remember “ I spent the next three days in hospital and then got out just to get amnesia three days later.

amines is for the greek term Ἀμνησία that means lose of memory that could stem from fiscal contact or mitcal like a family dissuades it is a temporary lose of memory but can be permanent

No comments:

Post a Comment